Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Dark Side of People

It has been said that tolerance is a two way street unless it offends you.  I struggle daily with pain and I do tend to blow up when things don't go my way.  Blow up is not the right terminology but I'm keeping it in here.  Look we all dislike things if they don't go our way but if we acknowledge that and put faith in God to help us fix those problems He will.  It bothers me when people decide they need to talk about others in a "holier than thou" fashion.  Despite all of that the issue that is truly bothersome is the fact that people need to let their "holier than thou" selves take over when they are in a church setting.

I am not talking about problems with Scripture or the word of God, instead the real problem is with those that feel the need to talk about others following a sermon.  While it is true that we all have our spout off moments it is also true that we have to remind ourselves about people in glasshouses throwing the first stone.  It's incredulous to think that people are talking about others in such a fashion but then do in the party of children, the children of OTHERS is repulsive.

I am the first person to acknowledge that I am a sinner, I have asked God to help me, to forgive me and I believe I have been forgiven BUT I make mistakes and I know I do.  I try to live in his Spirit and overcome the sins I have perpetrated.  I do however take umbrage to those that feel it is necessary to run others down in the setting of a church proceeding.

I pray that God will forgive me for my own sin of feeling anger about the issue and I ask that the person doing the "spouting off" will ask God for forgiveness of his sins too and that he will rectify, resolve and understand how Unchristian they are being through their actions and comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment