Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What Just Happened?

When my mother-in-law Doris was sent to the University of Iowa Hospital with brain cancer it was devastating.  While she was in surgery her children, her sisters, other family members and I went to the chapel to pray.  I found a little Gideon Bible and when I opened it I found Christ.  Its hard for me to describe but I had this warm feeling wash over me and a calm seemed to settle deep inside.

Since that time I pray daily but recently I asked for help, for a reminder of times when I should be praying as well as when I need help to make decisions or to straighten me course.  Earlier today as I was writing, I heard a song on my iPod and I thought I would find it on YouTube and share it with those friends I have on Facebook.  The name of the song was "Burn in Hell," it was a remake of a Twisted Sister song from the "Stay Hungry" album.  I listened to the song and then I had a wash of warm run over me once again, much like those I experienced in Iowa City.  These were different however, I felt uneasy and a little distorted.  I went back into my iPod and the first song that came up was a version of "Amazing Grace" by Carrie Underwood.  As that song played that uneasy feeling disappeared but the warmth remained and a calm engulfed me.

I haven't an explanation but I have a feeling I got a little bit of that help I asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment